Beach Bum Vacation has something fun and exciting coming up! It’s Christmas in July and it all begins July 9th! A lucky Beach Bum will win a luxury Beach Bum Vacation to this amazing, unique resort in the Caribbean! We can’t wait to share more with you!
“Upon arrival at Sandals Emerald Bay we were pleasantly surprised to be greeted by Jeremy Mutton, the General Manager of the resort. He personally drove just Karen and I to the resort. Wow! When we reached the resort grounds, the manager over the butlers was there to welcome us and whisk us away. Sandals Emerald Bay is as close to heaven as I could ever imagine! The water in the ocean is the brightest turquoise we have ever seen and the resort is amazing. We were upgraded to a Walkout Palm Bay Oceanview Luxury Suite that was gorgeous, we were conveniently located to everything! It was spectacular!
Becky, there is no question in our minds that the service we received is because of the things you and Beach Bum Vacation do for us. The friends we met fromMontreal and Texas all have your name and number now. They saw the special treatment we received and I am certain you will hear from them when they book their next vacation. Thank you for arranging our Beach Bum Vacations each year. As I have always said, you are the best!”
Beach Bum Carey’s clients just returned from an amazing family getaway in sunny Negril! The Gookins reached out to Beach Bum Vacation after becoming certified SCUBA divers. Since they’re landlocked in the Midwest, they were very excited to head down to the Caribbean and into the open water to put their diving skills to the test!
After conducting their own research and consulting with Carey, the family decided the very best fit for their first diving experience was the tropical island of Jamaica, on the beautiful west coast. The Gookins stayed on Negril’s 7 Mile Beach at Beaches Sandy Bay, a perfect resort for a family vacation with great bang-for-your-buck. The main attraction to Beaches Resorts was the amazing inclusions — certified divers can enjoy SCUBA every day from state-of-the-art Newton dive boats at no additional cost. Since diving can be a very expensive hobby, with a dive costing around $100 per person or more, this definitely gave the family more for their money! Check out some of the family’s photos from their adventures under the sea, where they encountered ship wrecks, a variety of fish, wild dolphins, turtles and moray eels.
When they weren’t diving, Brad, Cassandra, Donavin & Alex enjoyed the other watersports included at Beaches, like snorkeling, kayaking & glass bottom boat rides. The family also visited nearby Beaches Negril to enjoy the resort’s awesome waterpark and delicious dining options!
Next year, the family is upping the ante, traveling to a world-renowned diving locale, Turks & Caicos! Again, they’ll get to enjoy diving in crystal clear Caribbean waters at no additional cost while staying at Beaches Turks & Caicos. Plus, as past guests of Beaches Resorts, they are now members of Sandals Select and get some great added perks! We can’t wait to hear all about their next Beach Bum Vacation! 🙂
At least once a week, a client tells me that they are not interested in visiting Mexico. Sometimes I find out it is because they have already been there several times and want to try something different (hey, variety is the spice of life!), but I find that all too often the reasons they do not want to go there is because of misconceptions they have heard about the country. Thank you, American media! News reports lead many to believe that Mexico is a country full of nothing but trouble and that you’d have to be crazy to choose to go south of the border! Guess what? You’re not going to be beheaded in Mexico’s beautiful tourist regions like Riviera Maya and in fact, I would say that you would be crazy NOT to consider Mexico as a dream vacation destination!
Here’s a quick look at the many reasons why you should consider Riviera Maya- the tourist region south of Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula- for your vacation, destination wedding or honeymoon!
10. It’s easy to get to! Flights to Cancun are plentiful and affordable from most cities in the US.
9. It’s safe! The region has been so heavily supported by tourism for years and as long as you exercise the same basic common sense that you would use at home (don’t get completely wasted & wander off by yourself into a dark alley!) , you’re going to be completely fine. The Beach Bums and our clients have safely traveled to Riviera Maya & Cancun for years.
8. Value for your money! You simply cannot beat Riviera Maya when it comes to finding luxury for less money!
7. A wide variety of great all inclusive resorts. There are hundreds of the resorts in the area – many are NOT worth your time or dime, so get in touch with a Beach Bum as we will guide you to Riviera Maya’s best all inclusive resorts!
6. A Jacuzzi for two in your suite! This luxury is considered a standard amenity at many resorts. I’m so spoiled after my awesome vacations in Riviera Maya that I find it difficult to really feel like I’m on vacation if I don’t have a Jacuzzi in my suite!
5. Yes, I wrote “suite” in #6 – accommodations in Riviera Maya are generally over-sized so chances are, you won’t feel like you’re cramped in a small hotel room. Instead, you’ll lounge in luxury in your spacious junior suite, which is the lead-in room category offered at many Riviera Maya resorts!
4. Great promotional perks! This goes along with #8, but it’s hard to pass up the types of room upgrades and amenities that many resorts in Riviera Maya are now offering. How about getting a private candlelight dinner on the beach, couples massage, breakfast in bed, bottle of champagne, fresh floral arrangement & romantically decorated Jacuzzi with rose petals & candles STANDARD as part of your honeymoon or anniversary vacation?! That would normally cost around $800 but you can get it included at no additional cost in Riviera Maya – just ask your Beach Bum for details!
3. 24/7 room service that is included. Yes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or late night munchies delivered to your room at no additional cost to you! We just suggest that you tip the server who brings it to you, especially if it’s the 5th night in a row you had a craving for chips & guacamole at 3 am! 😉
2. Proximity to a variety of tours & excursions! Once you’re in Riviera Maya, it’s easy to indulge in so many exciting adventures! If you’re into history & archeology, go to the ruins of Tulum or Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world! Like an adrenaline rush? Go ziplining, parasailing, tour an underground river, take an ATV safari or cliff jumping! If you’re an aquatic lover, go snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming with dolphins or even swimming with whale sharks!
1. Don’t take my word for it- listen to what other tourists are saying about their Mexican getaways at Mexico Taxi Project! A cab driver went “undercover” and filmed what real people across the US and Canada said about their vacations after traveling to a variety of destinations throughout the country. It’s pretty interesting to hear their thoughts!
For those of you who have been to Riviera Maya or Cancun, you tell us – why do you love traveling there?!
I have a confession. I do not care to watch reality TV. GASP! I know, right? Reactions that I regularly get from friends are, “What is wrong with you?” “That is un-American.” “You are not normal.” That was UNTIL….The Bachelor. At first I started watching because the advertisements sucked me in. It seemed like every time I turned around there was yet another commercial featuring Jake without his shirt on. Oh my! The part that I loved the most though was the scenery. I was always intrigued to see where they would end up next. I was so excited when I found out they were going to be hanging out in St. Lucia, my favorite place on earth!
The Beach Bums have been sending happy fellow Beach Bums to St. Lucia for over 10 years. And we have personally visited every corner of the island more than 40 times.
Whether you are planning your honeymoon, destination wedding, anniversary trip, or simply are just looking for somewhere to get away from it all, St. Lucia has something for everyone. St. Lucia is known as the Hawaii of the Caribbean. It features all of the same lush, tropical vegetation only with half the flight time, and you can enjoy the convenience of a luxury all inclusive resort too (not available in Hawaii). They even have their very own drive through volcano! Sulphur Springs is the only known drive through volcano and is the eighth wonder of the world!
St. Lucia is one of the Windward Islands, located in the middle of the Eastern Caribbean chain. The island is 27 miles by 14 miles. Martinique is North of the island and St. Vincent is Southwest. The capital city, Castries, is located on St. Lucia’s northwest coast. There are two airports in St. Lucia. Hewanorra International Airport (UVF) is on the Southern end of the island and serves as the main airport where large planes come in and out. George F. L. Charles Airport (SLU, formerly Vigie Airport) is the smaller airport on the Northwest side of the island. Only smaller prop planes and helicopters can fly in and out of this airport. A helicopter ride from UVF up to SLU is one of the best ways to see the island’s majestic Pitons, rainforests, volcano & banana plantations upon arrival!
Since February 22, 1979, St. Lucia has been an independent state within the British Commonwealth. Its terrain is a combination of high mountains, forests, low-lying lands and beaches. Mountain ranges run the length of the island and forests dominate the mountains, while jasmine, scarlet chenille and wild orchids provide splashes of color to the lush green slopes. The average annual temperature range is 75°-85°F.
Due to the fertile, volcanic soil, there is an abundance of fresh tropical produce on the island. St. Lucia is one of the leading banana exporters in the Caribbean. The food is one of the specialties of the island. Every time I visit I cannot get enough of their rich tropical fruits! I stock up on pineapple the entire time I’m visiting. My mouth is watering now just thinking about it! Every Friday night they have a fish fry in the fishing village Anse La Ray, that adds to the list of reasons why St. Lucia is so unique. There are three Sandals Resorts in St. Lucia that also have really awesome street parties once a week you won’t want to miss! Live entertainment mixed with authentic street food is the perfect combination for a fabulous evening! Make sure you check out other typical St. Lucian dishes while you are visiting: chicken backs, pork hocks, pig tails, tuna, mahi mahi, snapper, conch, plantains, green figs, and salt fish…Yummo!
If you have ever traveled to any other Caribbean island then you know that the people you come into contact with are much different than what you might encounter anywhere else. I absolutely love the “no worries” attitude! The St. Lucians are some of the most welcoming, warmest, and friendliest people I’ve ever met. They also know how to dance! Beware, though, they may try to pull you up on stage if you are staying at a resort where they offer entertainment. Keep in mind that they are on “island time.” So, shows may start later than stated on the show time schedule.
When traveling to St. Lucia, be sure and take the helicopter tour from the international airport (UVF) to the helipad at the regional airport (SLU). It cuts your travel time in half and this will be your first full view of the Pitons! Then once you land and get settled in, make sure you check the twin mountains out up close and personal. A visit to the Piton’s is on top of the list of “Top Five Things You Should Do in Your Lifetime.” The view alone is classic, but actually being able to climb nearly 3,000 feet above sea level is priceless! If you are a thrill seeker, then you should also consider: off-road ATV adventures through the mountains and banana plantations; zip-lining through the rainforest; mountain biking through the Errard waterfalls; deep sea sport fishing; and scuba diving at Pigeon Island.