Monthly Archives: February 2012
At least once a week, a client tells me that they are not interested in visiting Mexico. Sometimes I find out it is because they have already been there several times and want to try something different (hey, variety is the spice of life!), but I find that all too often the reasons they do not want to go there is because of misconceptions they have heard about the country. Thank you, American media! News reports lead many to believe that Mexico is a country full of nothing but trouble and that you’d have to be crazy to choose to go south of the border! Guess what? You’re not going to be beheaded in Mexico’s beautiful tourist regions like Riviera Maya and in fact, I would say that you would be crazy NOT to consider Mexico as a dream vacation destination!
[jj-ngg-jquery-cycle gallery=”2″ width=”600″ height=”400″]
Here’s a quick look at the many reasons why you should consider Riviera Maya- the tourist region south of Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula- for your vacation, destination wedding or honeymoon!
10. It’s easy to get to! Flights to Cancun are plentiful and affordable from most cities in the US.
9. It’s safe! The region has been so heavily supported by tourism for years and as long as you exercise the same basic common sense that you would use at home (don’t get completely wasted & wander off by yourself into a dark alley!) , you’re going to be completely fine. The Beach Bums and our clients have safely traveled to Riviera Maya & Cancun for years.
8. Value for your money! You simply cannot beat Riviera Maya when it comes to finding luxury for less money!
7. A wide variety of great all inclusive resorts. There are hundreds of the resorts in the area – many are NOT worth your time or dime, so get in touch with a Beach Bum as we will guide you to Riviera Maya’s best all inclusive resorts!
6. A Jacuzzi for two in your suite! This luxury is considered a standard amenity at many resorts. I’m so spoiled after my awesome vacations in Riviera Maya that I find it difficult to really feel like I’m on vacation if I don’t have a Jacuzzi in my suite!
5. Yes, I wrote “suite” in #6 – accommodations in Riviera Maya are generally over-sized so chances are, you won’t feel like you’re cramped in a small hotel room. Instead, you’ll lounge in luxury in your spacious junior suite, which is the lead-in room category offered at many Riviera Maya resorts!
4. Great promotional perks! This goes along with #8, but it’s hard to pass up the types of room upgrades and amenities that many resorts in Riviera Maya are now offering. How about getting a private candlelight dinner on the beach, couples massage, breakfast in bed, bottle of champagne, fresh floral arrangement & romantically decorated Jacuzzi with rose petals & candles STANDARD as part of your honeymoon or anniversary vacation?! That would normally cost around $800 but you can get it included at no additional cost in Riviera Maya – just ask your Beach Bum for details!
3. 24/7 room service that is included. Yes, breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks or late night munchies delivered to your room at no additional cost to you! We just suggest that you tip the server who brings it to you, especially if it’s the 5th night in a row you had a craving for chips & guacamole at 3 am! 😉
2. Proximity to a variety of tours & excursions! Once you’re in Riviera Maya, it’s easy to indulge in so many exciting adventures! If you’re into history & archeology, go to the ruins of Tulum or Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world! Like an adrenaline rush? Go ziplining, parasailing, tour an underground river, take an ATV safari or cliff jumping! If you’re an aquatic lover, go snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming with dolphins or even swimming with whale sharks!
1. Don’t take my word for it- listen to what other tourists are saying about their Mexican getaways at Mexico Taxi Project! A cab driver went “undercover” and filmed what real people across the US and Canada said about their vacations after traveling to a variety of destinations throughout the country. It’s pretty interesting to hear their thoughts!
For those of you who have been to Riviera Maya or Cancun, you tell us – why do you love traveling there?!
We just got home from the perfect vacation and have all the thanks to give to Beach Bum Nanda. My husband and I were looking for a unique honeymoon destination that offered sunshine and beaches, outdoor adventure, culture, somewhat of a nightlife/great restaurants, and an option that fit within our budget. After throwing several ideas back and forth to one another, we were unable to come up with a destination that “fit the bill” and were slightly stressing! So we reached out to friends for recommendations on good travel agencies, and were referred to Nanda with Beach Bum Vacation. From that point forward plans fell right into place, completely worry free! First off, Beach Bum Nanda knew to ask the right questions, enabling her to suggest a destination that offered everything we were looking for – St. Lucia! She was extremely thorough with all of her feedback, always responded in a timely manner, and really just nailed the perfect place for us. She made planning this trip so easy, which allowed us to be able to sit back and just get excited about our upcoming adventure. Beach Bum Nanda was a complete pleasure to work with and I will recommend her services to everyone!
[jj-ngg-jquery-slider gallery=”1″ width=”600″ height=”400″ effect=”fade”]
Our honeymoon was truly fantastic! We would not have changed one thing. Perfect amount of relaxation, outdoor adventure and partying down. We are so happy we took the helicopter ride from the airport to the resort (suggested by Beach Bum Nanda); great way to kick off the trip with an exciting adventure! It was so cool to see the rainforest, volcano and beaches from an aerial view, and at the same time avoid the long, winding drive! Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa was perfect for so many reasons. Many different and delicious restaurant options, rowdy and relaxing pools, great beach access, extremely friendly staff, guests were all on the same page as us, and overall just a great atmosphere. Our room was also perfect, we stayed in a Honeymoon Oceanview 2-Story Verandah Butler Suite. We loved having the indoor and outdoor lounging options (and even though I originally wanted an uncovered balcony, I am glad we went the route that we did because it rained a few nights and was fun to still be able to sit outside with a bottle of wine, listening to the waves, hanging with the hubby). The butler service was incredible. Donovan and Denver were both such great guys and provided outstanding service, it was a real treat having room service for breakfast on our balcony most mornings/lunch delivered poolside/late night food, the unlimited bar definitely came in handy, and it was just nice having them there to answer questions, check us in for our adventures, make our dinner reservations, get us checked in & out of the resort, etc. The few adventures we participated in (zip-lining, Land & Sea, and the sunset booze cruise) were all a total blast and made for a very well-rounded trip. Again, I cannot thank you enough, Beach Bum Nanda, for your recommendation of St. Lucia and for all of your help with organizing the trip. It is a vacation we will remember for the rest of our lives, not only because it was our honeymoon but because it was seriously just that wonderful.
Lindsey + Brian
Beach Bum Vacation was founded 12 years ago this month, on Valentine’s Day 2000. We’ve grown quite a bit over the years, adding new destinations to our travel résumés, making destination wedding planning easy for hundreds of couples, welcoming new Bums to our family and developing friendships with management at the best all inclusive resorts to better service our clients. One milestone that we hold near and dear to our hearts happened a couple years ago, when a few Beach Bums got together and decided to establish a 501c3 nonprofit foundation, Beach Bum CARES.
Beach Bum CARES Inc. mission is to provide Children and their families Aid, Relief, and Educational Supplies.
Beach Bum CARES Inc. will change the world one person at a time by targeting areas with a lower socio-economic status in the Caribbean and Mexico, determining specific needs of the children and their families, and delivering these goods resulting in measurable improvement in graduation rates and the percentage of students pursuing employment and/or higher education, thereby improving the overall economy of the community.
For the entire month of February, Beach Bum Vacation will donate $1 to Beach Bum CARES for every new fan that joins the BBC Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/BeachBumCARES.
When we discussed the best way to celebrate Beach Bum Vacation’s birthday, we knew that we wanted to involve Beach Bum CARES so that we could help more children on our future travels. It is our goal that in 2012, we will raise enough money that we can return to some of the orphanages and schools we’ve visited previously and make an even bigger difference by donating items like laptops, sporting goods, school supplies, basic medical supplies, toiletries, clothing, food and more. We also want to make another visit to the Faith Academy near Ocho Rios, Jamaica. In December 2011, we helped the community begin building a kindergarten by laying the floors. In 2012, we want to raise enough funds so that we can build the walls, getting one step closer to allowing the Faith Academy to open its doors to kindergarteners in need of an education!
You can help Beach Bum CARES achieve our 2012 goals by simply liking our Facebook page. Even better, spread the word and tell your friends & family to do the same! And if you’re feeling particularly generous, you can even donate by visiting the Beach Bum CARES website or Paypal account. Or, the next time your traveling to the tropics, get in touch with us to arrange your own donation visit to one of our partner schools or orphanages!
Thank you for your support!